Read the first three chapters of The Pastor's Wife here: http://issuu.com/abingdonpress/docs/pastors_wife
Contact Jennifer in cyberspace:
website - http://www.jenniferallee.com/
personal blog - http://jenniferallee.blogspot.com/
group blog - http://inkwellinspirations.blogspot.com/
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/jennifer.allee
Twitter - http://twitter.com/jallee
You can purchase The Pastor's Wife online at:
Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/Pastors-Wife-Jennifer-Allee/dp/1426702256/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262215416&sr=8-2
Christianbook.com - http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?Ntk=keywords&Ntt=Jennifer+AlLee&action=Search&N=0&Ne=0&event=ESRCN&nav_search=1&cms=1&Go.x=2&Go.y=13
Cokesbury.com - http://www.cokesbury.com/forms/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=815073
What Others are Saying
ENDORSEMENTS
Jennifer AlLee takes a classic romance situation; two people stuck together by an inheritance, and makes it fresh. The conflict between the pastor and his wife has eternal value. How does a pastor balance his ministry and his family? How can a woman of faith give up on vows made before God?AlLee does a wonderful job of bringing her characters to life and making you care so much for them. I count myself lucky to have gotten an early look at The Pastor's Wife.Mary Connealy, Christy award-nominated author of Calico Canyon and Montana Rose
Jennifer AlLee is a light in the world of Christian fiction. Her inspirational, creative, sometimes humorous, always intriguing, prose keeps readers highly motivated to turn pages—even to the point of missing sleep, of which I can attest to personally! The Pastor's Wife is certainly no exception. With every book AlLee writes, I am continually amazed at how intricately her stories weave throughout, both with captivating story lines and a clear, yet far from preachy, message of God's redemptive love. The Pastor's Wife is an absolute winner and a book I'll keep visible on my "favorites" shelf. I have no doubt Jennifer AlLee will remain a force to reckon with in the months and years to come, for her writing skills match those of many bestselling authors. Keep 'em coming, Jen—and we'll keep readin'!
Sharlene MacLaren, author of Hannah Grace and Maggie Rose
Featuring realistically drawn characters and a theme so needed in today's it's-about-me society, The Pastor's Wife is a well-crafted, heart-stirring story of love lost...and rediscovered. In my opinion, Jennifer AlLee is an author to watch.
Kim Vogel Sawyer, bestselling author of My Heart Remembers
With wistful yet tightly woven prose, Jennifer AlLee pulls back the drapes in Christian pastorages and lets us see the aching and very real humans who caretake our souls. You will laugh and cry your way through The Pastor’s Wife, an amazing book of romance, social issues, and faith.Patti Lacy, author of An Irishwoman's Tale and What the Bayou Saw
REVIEWS
AlLee offers an original perspective on some of the high and low points of being a pastor's wife. Maura doesn't come across as a very sympathetic character at first, but as the reader gets to know her, it's easier to understand her choices. This novel provides a fast-paced and touching story.
Romantic Times - 4 stars
I really enjoyed The Pastor's Wife. It was a powerful story of healing and restoration, and of dealing with things the very things the heroine had tried to avoid. I totally understood her pain and found her inner dialog to be appropriate and believable. Without giving away any spoilers, there was one thing that kept it from being a five star book in my estimation. But if I tell you exactly what that is it will spoil the story. I can say it has to do with someone's response to news that I found to be a bit over-the-top to where it bugged me as opposed to inspiring me. Other than that issue I found this to be a very powerful and healing story. I even got a bit teary eyed when the head of the board at the church softened toward the heroine. The plot continually moved forward and had no slow spots. The tension kept building and in so many ways was a very beautiful portrayal of how love for your spouse is supposed to last a lifetime. Obviously, that is not always the case and sometimes for very valid reasons. The message in this story was excellent and I highly recommend it.
Michelle Sutton, author of the Second Glances series
Many Christian books, especially stories about divorce or contemporary life, have a tendency to be heavy handed and preachy. The characters can sometimes speak some sort of Christian-ese language that doesn’t flow well with what believers live and speak daily. This book not only does not suffer from that problem, it flows with realism and understanding. The struggles are relatable. The language is honest. The writing is simple and beautiful. Several times as I was reading, I wanted to find Maura or Nick and give them a hug. This was a simple, beautiful story of love interrupted, found, and built again. This book would be a wonderful gift for a pastor’s wife, a newlywed, a seasoned wife… You know actually, just forget the list. This book is a beautiful read no matter who you are.
Lori Twichell for FictionAddict.com
The Pastor’s Wife is a delightful and well-written romance novel. The story unfolded at a satisfying pace, and author Jennifer AlLee drew out the secret of the reason for Maura’s desertion skillfully – I never felt like she was being purposefully deceptive, and I was compelled to keep reading to discover the secret. The characters are likable people, with enough conflict to make them realistic. I absolutely loved one of the secondary characters, a no-nonsense youth pastor with a heart for teens. She brought back vivid memories of my own youth group days, and a young seminary student who served as my youth pastor for a year – outspoken, a little sassy, and absolutely loving in the brusque way teens can relate to. Readers who enjoy clean romance novels will not want to miss The Pastor’s Wife.
Virginia Smith, author of the Sister-to-Sister series
I read gobs of books, many of which touch me in unique ways, some more memorable than others. In The Pastor’s Wife, I felt a compelling empathy with Maura, so well-drawn was her character. Even in her faults and weaknesses the reader is pulled into the story. At times I yearned for a reconciliation and forgiveness with her husband, at other times I really, really wanted Maura to leave again. Of course, God had His own plans for them. But first, both Maura and Nick have a lot of growing up to do. The Pastor’s Wife is exquisitely constructed like a fine jigsaw puzzle, each piece precisely cut to fit only the way God laid it out. A lovely, gentle story of love, redemption and forgiveness. Kudos, Jennifer.
Peggy Blann Phifer, Sips 'n' Cups Cafe & Reading Room